Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do, but a little planning can help ensure you're not tearing your hair out on the day. Our Top Tips for Moving will make a stressful day go a little smoother.
- Label all boxes with which room they're due to go to and a description of what's inside. Put these labels on the top and side of the box so you know what's inside when they're stacked.
- Put screws and bolts from bits of furniture in freezer bags and stick it to the relevant bit of furniture with masking tape.
- Flatten some cardboard boxes and lay them down to protect your flooring.
- Move your furniture into the new house first, otherwise you'll end up moving boxes around again to make room.
- Make sure there are lightbulbs - you don't want to have to go to the shops mid-move or not notice until suddenly it's too dark.
- Most importantly: Make sure you keep a Refreshment Kit containing the kettle, fresh milk, tea, coffee, sugar, fruit squash, cups or glasses in a separate box and keep it close by - its one of the first things you'll probably want when you reach your destination!
It might seem like a bit of extra work beforehand, but you'll be thankful for it when it comes to unpacking at the other end. Let us know if you have any more great moving tips and we'll add them to our list.